Thursday, April 16, 2009

Busy ... busy ... busy!

Wow, time flies! Been a while since I've updated my blog, so here goes ... Spring break came and went and DS is back at school (thankfully! LOL) ... went to a couple of DC United games (one good game, one was just too much defense ... back 'n' forth ... boring) ... worked a couple of 10+ hour days at work - in a row (ugh!) ... tried to garden, but it's too wet to really do anything - hopefully things will be okay this weekend, where the forecast is in the low 70's.

Been busy "escaping" into scrapbooking as a nice mental release from everything else. Although, I've also had to pace myself so my family doesn't turn around and say, "Who are you?!" LOL So, here's a little eye candy of what I've created lately ... enjoy!

This LO has photos from a few years ago, but I didn't have much to work on as far as Easter goes. I'm falling in love with Crystal's kits at Two Peas in a Bucket - they have such a fun element to them. This was also a "mystery recipe" challenge from Making Memories For You - I had no idea what I would be using on the page - and everyone's will be different AND a scraplift challenge from Two Peas! I love how this came out - and seems others do too ... my layout was chosen to be included in the bi-monthly Two Peas newsletter as an example of using 85% kits from the designers (thanks Mel and the team!).

Credits: Credits: 365 kits for April and March from Crystal Wilkerson (Two Peas in a Bucket), "Memories" from Handwritten {Family} Words, also from Crystal; ribbon from Natali Designs (Scrapbook Graphics).

For something a little different, I decided to do an 8.5 x 11 page for a template challenge at Scrapbooks Etc. The challenge can be found on the SBE blog. It's funny how I never really noticed these boats before - I'd been living near the marina for more than 4 years... and yet, duh! A marina would likely have boats, wouldn't it?!


Credits: Credits: Template SBE Quick Collage 102 (modified); paper - Back 2 School, Shannon Freeman; Dymo tape labels - Office Supply mini kit, Rhonna Farrer ("ME" created from other tags); scalloped edge journaling tag - Label Fun, Kate Teague; word tags - Teen Boy Word Strips, Sande Krieger; tree tag and title font - The 365 Challenge {April} kit, Crystal Wilkerson; journaling font - 2Ps Island Style(all Two Peas in a Bucket); polaroid frame and So Cool bottlecap - Pop Culture (Raspberry Road Designs); stitching - Route101, collab kit HeatherT and ViVa Artistry (Get Digi With It); staples (misc.) ... phew! ROFL


And last, but by no means least, here's some pages that I used with my latest CT assignment from Scrap it Sassy. Denise's Step Back in Time kit just screamed heritage/vintage to me ... so I pulled some pics that my Uncle gave me about my Dad and used those. I think the muted browns and pinks go really well with this style of page, don't you?



Credits: Step Back in Time from Designs by Denise (Scrap it Sassy)

2 comments:

mean mom productions said...

Oh kat..I feel you on the busy busy busy busy end..Geez will ever slow down.

Love the all the layouts btw.

Come over to my blog we are having a major food discussion.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pages, Kat!