Monday, January 11, 2010

Eye Candy to Share

Yep, not the sugary stuff, but pages ... and pages! Having been away for New Year's and then jumping right back into work, I guess I must have - deep down - been suffering from scrapping withdrawals ... well, that's what I'm telling myself to justify the countless hours I spent attached to my laptop over the weekend! ROFL With the grand opening of Design House Digital on January 1, I'll admit I went shop-happy and now have SOOOOO many goodies to play with - everything here today is from DHD ... yep, everything! Oh, and to make things "worse" (but in a GOOD way, of course), there are MORE NEW RELEASES today on the site - that's on top of the 70+ kits that were released last Thursday. Can we say digi heaven?!

In looking at these pages, I'm surprised at how, stylistically, these are all different ... oh well, I had fun, and that's the whole point of this art form - right? Doesn't matter what it looks like, so long as I captures the moment or a memory that I want it to. Oh, and for those that have been asking, yes, there are some pictures from San Antonio in here, too.

This first layout is Week 1 in a Project-365 series - only 51 more to go! LOL Some people take photos every day and then create weekly or monthly pages. I'm going more for the highlights of the week - and, obviously, a start in San Antonio fit the bill. Really, what else could compare for the rest of the week - oh, my commute ... what we had for dinner ... ? Nah.

Credits: Scrappable Collection #6 by Tiffany Tillman; Monster Jam papers by Spencer Nugent; Design 365 Starter Kit by Deena Rutter.

And for something very much different - a black background with shades of grey, popped with some more pictures from San Antonio. The Riverwalk was a great area to just hang out. Even as early as 10:00 a.m., the restaurants were opening up and encouraging people to stop and stay a while.

Credits: Soiled Papers #1 and Brush Set #2 both by Spencer Nugent, Winterberry by Audrey Neal (for the staples).


Okay, so I mentioned earlier about the additional new releases at DHD today? Here's something from Audrey Neal's new Winterberry line.

Credits: Winterberry kit, Winter Piecings, Winterberry Solids Paper Pack, and Ice Alphabet all by Audrey Neal. The template is also from Audrey. Stitching is from the Essentials collection by Carina Gardner.

And now, back to your regular programming ...

3 comments:

Katherine Bley said...

Your talent absolutely amazes me, Katherine! ALL of your layouts are so inspiring! =]

Christie Cottage said...

The layouts are wonderful! I thought I would do some scrtapbooking, I found that it wasn't for me. I have it all put away and plan to get it out and give it another whirl. I had little hands helping me when I first attempted it and I think when I have the chance while alone, I will enjoy it.

Betty Holland said...

Katherine, I love your pages! The grey background against those colorful photos looks amazing too.