Sunday, February 24, 2013

What the heck?!

Okay, so my calendar says next Friday is March 1.  March?!  What happened to February?!  Oh yeah, a lot of work-related things and keeping busy there ... car in and out of the dealership ... gym workouts ... bad knee causing me no end of headaches ... and a weekend away to visit family.  That last one was a much-needed break without the laptop.  In fact, I only checked email once in four days (from the hotel business center).  This is the reason for our visit - they're growing up so fast!

Well, okay, so the great-nephew and -nieces aren't the only reason we visit ... we love catching up with my sister-in-law and the rest of the family.  I mean, where else can you play Euchre for hours, eat homemade chili, and find the sounds that a ketchup bottle makes to be so ... well, I believe the word from my SIL was that we were being juvenile? LOL  It was nice to be unplugged for a few days.  In fact, I hardly took any pictures - I know, shock, right?!

Work is keeping me really busy right now.  Recently got through a retirement plan testing / audit thing.  I've never been so nervous to hit that submit button.  Thankfully, everything went okay. Phew.  Trying to balance getting my butt to the gym, work, eating well, and ... scrapbooking ... has been quite the challenge.  I have managed to get a few things done recently - Tiffany Tillman released some really cool templates a few weeks ago - Crooked Templates. LOL  No, seriously, they're crooked with lots of angles - and so much fun to play with.  This is what I did with them:



If you missed it last year, take a look at Tiffany's It's Elemental workshop at ReneePearson.com.  I took this class last year and learned so much - particularly hints about clustering! In fact, there are some pretty awesome classes at Renee's site!

Boys are having turkey drumsticks tonight for dinner, but I'd better figure out what I'm having! LOL  Later.

No comments: