Saturday, October 9, 2010

Christmas is almost here!

Eeek!  Christmas is almost here!  LOL  Okay, so it's not THAT bad - but have you seen holiday decorations in the store yet?  I have.  Can we at least get through Halloween first, please?  Oh, and while I love Christmas songs on the radio, can we maybe wait until after Thanksgiving this year?  Four weeks of non-stop holiday music is kind of enough.

Speaking of holidays, the staff at Scrapbook News and Review are busy working on our holiday sampler issue of the magazine.  It will be a great issue of all things holiday.  On the digital side, I've got the pleasure of working with a designer that the team will spotlight - and she's a doll!  Miss "X" (can't give anything away! LOL) is a designer I love - I have quite a few of her kits.  So much fun!  I've also been hard at work on various submissions ... but my new love is ... Artist Trading Cards (ATCs).  Yes, they can be digital, too!  Here's a sneak peek of my ATCs for the holiday sampler:

If you're not sure about ATCs, just give them a try.  The canvas is small at 2.5 x 3.5 inches - but that's the challenge!  A little piece of art.  Maybe a title or some word strips, not much journaling, if any ... creating a picture or 'feeling'.

Want to jump in with ATCs?  There's a sign-up for an ATC swap over at Two Peas in a Bucket. Never done at ATC?  Don't worry - you're not the only one.  C'mon, what have you got to lose?

Over at Design House Digital, the shop is full of new kits, some for Halloween, some not. Here's a page I finished this morning with Karla Dudley's Modern Marvel kit - does anyone recognize this one?  I think it was part of a monthly release at The Daily Digi.

Okay, time to get busy for tonight - you going to join me?  Remember?  The speed scrap at Design House Digital ... 10:00 pm (Eastern) ... see you there!

No comments: