Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Done. Stick a Fork in Me.

I've been scrapping my little heart out - the four-day weekend for Thanksgiving really helped :)  With the holiday music now playing (yeah, Thanksgiving is done, so I'll allow myself to listen to the carols), and the neighbors putting up holiday lights already, I'm in the mood for a little creativity.

To get my creative juices flowing, I'm currently working on a class at Jessica Sprague called Everyday Inspiration.  It's really neat - and free! (Free is always good.)  We're working on art journals in which we'll record inspiration from ... well, whatever we want! Assignment #1 is already complete - my journal cover.  I was inspired to do my cover in the style of a new love of mine: vintage collage-type pages.  Well, actually, I'm playing more with ATC-sized "pages", so working on a larger scale (8.5 x 11) was a fun challenge.  I did a bit of vintage, some quirky things, game pieces, extravagant wood carvings ... all the kinds of things I see and get inspiration from.  My journal is called "I Spy Inspiration".  Here's that cover - everything's from Christina Renee, who moved and just opened her store at Scrapbook Graphics.  I did a little Black Friday shopping in Christina's store ... just a little.



I've also been busy working on things for Scrapbook News and Review, including an article on ... not going to tell you! LOL  I'll have something in the January issue.  That's all I'll say. :)  It's hard to believe that I've almost been with the magazine for a year - time flies!!

Speaking of a year, Design House Digital is almost one year old - Happy Birthday DHD! (okay, ALMOST happy birthday).  The designers have been coming out with some awesome kits - and I've loved playing with all kinds of things, all different styles.  Here's a sampling of eye candy for you - Enjoy!




(yeah, catching up! LOL)


(something a little more current)

No comments: