Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays!

My sad little blog is in need of some luvin', so I'm giving it a facelift, starting with a new avatar and some design changes.  Of course, that also means I kinda, sorta, need to add some posts and information on occasion, right?! (duh!)  It's Christmas Eve and all's quiet here at the house - well, except for the snoring dog at my feet, and the thumpidty-thump of something going around in the dryer (I think the towels are in there).  Had a few snow flurries today, which was appropriate for this time of the year ... but nothing stuck to the ground. Boo!!  A white Christmas would have been nice - well, at least enough to cover the ground for a few hours, even if it didn't stay around for long, right?

Things are busy with us, to say the least.  The mid-point of the school year is here, and DS ready for a break.  Mind you, I'm not sure how much my wallet, pantry and fridge can handle him being home for the next week - eek!  I tell ya, the boy can put it away!!  DH is still plugging away at his job and the commute - his is longer than mine by about 10-15 minutes.  He got a shaving kit at his gift exchange, which DS appropriated - and, surprisingly, is using LOL  Funny, I buy the pieces and they don't get used ... but something that someone else buys?  Uh huh.

As for me, things are super busy, on all fronts.  We got through a hectic (to say the least) open enrollment at work, and now things are ramping up for year-end.  They should ramping down, not up, right? LOL  Another 12-week challenge at the gym is just around the corner and my trainer is asking if I'll participate this year.  Would like to, but it's a matter of $$$ ... but hey, we're going to win $1 million in the VA New Year's lottery, right?!  Yep, I'll keep dreaming.  On the crafting side, changes made and more to come.  I've streamlined a few things to make better use of my time.  Still pushing that digi-tech envelope, still working on my photography skills, and still taking digi classes.  Yup, I'm a glutton for punishment, it seems! LOL  Thankfully, DH and DS understand my coughobsessioncough.  

So, enough chit-chat.  Christmas Eve and I'm sure there's a holiday movie or two on tonight ... either that or a college football game of some sort (the Aloha Bowl, perhaps?).

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.

No comments: