Monday, August 26, 2013

Blog Death?

So, when does a blog officially die?  After three months of no posts? Yeah. *** hangs head in shame ***  Just a few minutes a day, that's all it takes, right, to keep things up to date and to bore you with the mundane goings' on in my life? Let's see how this goes, round two ... or is it three ... or four?  Seriously, this shouldn't be too hard. *sigh*

Okay, so no recap on what's being going on over the summer, 'cause that would be pretty boring. It's not that I've been sitting on my butt doing nothing, quite the opposite ... but there's only so many posts about painting the living room, dining room, downstairs, etc., walking the dog, going to the gym, that everyone can handle.  Heck, even my eyes would glaze over that after a while LOL  Good news is school - finally! - starts next week, and my oh-so-bored teenager can get back to hitting the books.  Of course, I mean that literally - he's great on the whole social aspect of school, but the actual academics?  Um, yeah, not so much. He's a senior this year, so it's make or break time - and hopefully graduating next May or June with his class ... we'll see. For now, he's finished working for 8 weeks with me (that was quite the experience!), and now he's bored. Most of his friends are either working or getting those last-minute vacations in before the summer ends ... and he's home. Oh, waaaa - tv and movies, Candy Crush and Angry Birds, Facebook, texting, and a fridge and pantry and his disposal. Oh, what I would give to have 2-3 weeks of doing absolutely nothing. Pure heaven. Of course, you know I had to capture this in a layout, right?


I'm not sure that DS will appreciate the photo (LOL), but he really doesn't know how good he's got it right now.

Once school starts, it will be homework most nights again, ugh. Oh well, I'm going to do something for myself and have signed up for Crystal Livesay's Everyday Me class at Scrapaneers. Looking through some old scrapbook albums - and photos, too - I realized there's not much in there about me. That's always a challenge - I mean, who wants to read about me? If for no other reason, I'm hoping to use the class as a little scrap therapy to record my likes, dislikes, loves, etc. at this point in time. Classes start next week, so I'm looking forward to that.

Well, now that you've all fallen on the floor because your blog feed suddenly popped up with an actual blog post from me (I know, shock, right?!), I'll let you digest this small post and get back to breathing. :) 

Later! (hopefully by "later" I mean sooner than three months!)

1 comment:

kym said...

Hahaha Kat, I know how you feel. I haven't blogged since Jan. 1st 2013. I've been meaning to do it for awhile but it never gets done.