Friday, April 15, 2011

Lift Me Up!

Well, not literally - might be a bit difficult (LOL) ... but who doesn't love a good scraplift?!  How about a secret scraplift chain?  You 'lift a page and pass it along to someone else, they scraplift you and pass it on, and so on.  The whole thing is kept a secret, from the first layout to the last, until a big reveal.  Fun, huh?!  I'm participating in two scraplifts right now - one at Design House Digital, and one at Two Peas in a Bucket.  The anticipation of the reveal can be unbearable (okay, so I'm not very patient - I can't help that), but well worth it in the end.  Wanna play?  Sign ups are going on now for the next couple of days at both sites.

Scrapbook News and Review magazine had a birthday this week - they turned three!  To celebrate, they are offering a one-year, all-access pass to the magazine for 40% off - that's $24 for the whole year.  There's been some changes recently at the site, too - you now get TWO magazines a month.  One for all the eye-candy you could possibly absorb, and one for technique tutorials, "how to's" and tips. You'll also have access to a couple of previous months, just in case you want to go back and look at past issues.  The magazine covers not just digital scrapbookings, but also mixed media, cards, stamping, and traditional scrapbooking.  Something for everyone.  TODAY is the last day to get the subscription at this price. 

It's a beautiful day here today - and my day off (even better).  How will I spend the day?  Possibly gardening, running errands, and scrapping - might leave that until the evening.  Too nice of a day to waste it inside, tied to the laptop.  Of course, tomorrow we're supposed to get 2"+ of rain - oh yippee (add good slathering of sarcasm)

To round out today's post (before I get ready to tackle the day), thought I'd share a recent layout.  I'll admit it, I'm a photography snob.  As a general rule, I don't scrap the blurry out-of-focus pictures.  However, I did in this layout of Haddie.  The photos were taken in a rush; Haddie "smiling" and "singing" ROFL

1 comment:

kym said...

Hi Kat, just realized that I never viewed your blog until now. So now I'm a follower, hahaha. Just want to say thanks for organizing the scraplift.