Friday, November 29, 2013

Post-Thanksgiving-Fun!

Being Australian, the whole idea of Thanksgiving is something I've grown accustomed to - and while we are certainly thankful for many things (like family and friends), they day also brings some great football, and a lot of food. I mean, a lot! The day after Thanksgiving, today, is Black Friday - for my Australian friends, think of today as Boxing Day ... and all the chaos at the mall that goes along with the shopping sprees on Boxing Day! Long lines of people hopeful to get "the" gift at a hugely discounted price. Some stores opening last night - and staying open for more than 24 hours ... and people actually getting up (or staying up) and hitting the malls at midnight, 1 or 2 a.m. I've done that before, but today headed to the shops at a somewhat civilized time of 8:00 a.m. Got some of my holiday shopping done, too, snatching up a Vera Bradley clutch for a steal at 70-75% off, and a leather jacket that retails for $300 that I got for $60. Yeah, baby! Going to be some happy - I hope - family and friends this year.

As we head into December, I've also started on my "December Daily" album for this year. I started it yesterday, since Thanksgiving was so late this year, so it's a December-ish album, I guess. Last year I made it as far as December 20, my best effort so far ... but I'm striving for all the way through to January 1, 2014, this time. I've been preparing pages (using a template pack from Crystal Livesay and Mye de Leon), so all I have to do is drop in a photo or two and some journaling. December 1 - 5 are all ready to go, plus I just did November 28 and 29 ... I'm off to a good start!



Did you see that first page? Lizzie's back! We're so excited to have her with us for another yet. We discovered she really likes sugar cookies, too.  I'd better go see what she's got planned for tomorrow ...

No comments: